Job Compensation Type
Deadline to Apply
On the shores of Bellingham Bay with Mount Baker as its backdrop, Bellingham is the last major city before the Washington state coastline meets the Canadian border. The City of Bellingham, which serves as the county seat of Whatcom County, is at the center of a uniquely picturesque area offering a rich variety of recreational, cultural, educational and economic activities. Find more information about Bellingham, Washington here.
The Recreation Instructor will work as the program lead for the City of Bellingham's Parks Volunteer Program (PVP). The PVP is supported by Greenways Program funds.
Below, please find the experience and qualifications listed as necessary in the job announcement:
- Minimum of six months experience preparing, teaching and leading recreation activities required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills required.
- AA degree in Parks and Recreation or related field preferred.
- Experience working with people of all ages and abilities preferred.
- Must possess First Aid and CPR/AED certification at time of hire and maintain currency throughout employment.
- Employment contingent upon passing a criminal convictions check and child and adult abuse records check.
- Valid Washington State Driver's License and good driving record as verified by a three-year driving abstract at time of hire.
- Preference for individuals that possess background knowledge and interest in any of the following areas: ecological restoration, stewardship, volunteer coordination, and/or community engagement
Note: Aquatics Program experience is not necessary for this position.
Initial application review will begin June 2, 2023.
Complete the job application online (be sure to attach a cover letter and resume before you submit your application!): https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cobwa/jobs/4053306/recreation-instructor-regular-non-benefited
Contact Ryan Robie (firstname.lastname@example.org), Parks Volunteer Program Coordinator with any questions about this position.
$18.21 - hourly wage
Starting wage is at Step 1 - $18.21 per hour. The current full range for this position is $18.21 / hour - $21.70 / hour - Salary Grade 3, Step 1. Employees receive step increases on completion of 2080 hours in accordance with the Guild of Pacific Northwest Employees, Local 1937 Collective Bargaining Agreement and City policy.
- The schedule for this position will vary based upon program needs and time of year and may include some weekends, early morning and/or evening hours and typically includes working most Saturdays from mid-September through mid-June.
- This position will work full-time (40 hours per week) starting immediately for up to 4 months and then part time (69 hours per month) for the remainder of the year.