Job Compensation Type
The National Center for Outdoor & Adventure Education (NCOAE) is seeking Field Instructors for the 2024 season. Instructors manage the safety of the students while co-facilitating multi-day adventure education programming in the field, including sea kayaking, canoeing, backpacking, whitewater rafting, and more! Instructors also manage risks and assure effective courses, while serving as an educator and role model.
Must be able to teach and facilitate NCOAE’s curriculum to teens and adults, complete documentation accurately and in a timely fashion and participate in pre-trip and post-trip briefs. Additional duties include facilitating a meaningful group experience and setting an emotionally and physically safe, fun and engaging tone for students to follow. NCOAE is proud to be an AEE (Association for Experiential Education) accredited organization.
• Prior experience working with wilderness programs, outdoor education, residential summer camps, or related field
• Current Wilderness First Aid. Wilderness First Responder certification preferred.
• Competency in risk management skills
• Prior to hiring: Satisfactory completion of the NCOAE instructor course
• 3+ years experience leading domestic and/or international outdoor education programs
• Current WFR or WEMT certification
• Master’s, Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in adventure education, outdoor education, recreation, wilderness leadership or related degree
Employee Perks Include:
• Room/board for seasonal staff
• Industry-leading pay
• Industry discounts on clothing, gear, and equipment
• A dedicated administrative team to support your in-field efforts
• Live just a mile from the beach all season long!
Initial compensation $80 - $145 a day, based on experience.