Job Compensation Type
Deadline to Apply
Jackson Hole, WY
The Summer Instructor is part of a collaborative team engaging and teaching 1st-5th grade participants in nature- and play-based summer programs in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Teton Science Schools’ summer programs* develop curiosity, critical thinking skills, social-emotional learning, and science literacy in youth through exploratory, outdoor adventures. Co-teaching with another staff member, instructors plan and lead fun, place-based lessons and activities for groups of 12 campers each week while ensuring safety, inclusivity, and environmental stewardship. Participants will connect with each other, explore the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem, learn about nature themes with scientific research, and participate in silly games, crafts, and traditions. All of our programs will have adventures in Grand Teton National Park and other local spaces, along with spending some days doing activities on our Jackson Campus.
*Though TSS offers summer programs for several age groups, this position is specifically for 1st-5th grade.
- Establish and manage a positive culture in each participant group that is safe, respectful, curious, and fun.
- Manage participants’ physical and emotional safety/risk; respond to emergencies as they arise according to TSS policies and support structures.
- Interact with participants’ families with professionalism, empathy, and clear communication.
- Learn about the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem and incorporate content into lessons.
- Collaborate with co-instructors and support peer mentoring through co-teaching, goal setting, joint lesson planning, and communicating feedback.
- Safely drive 15-passenger vans or minibuses with trailers.
- Take care of yourself to stay motivated and successful through a long, challenging season.
Full job description including qualifications found on our website.
To apply please click the about tab on our website and the click on careers. Look for the summer instructor position and find the application button on the job description.
- Daily rate of $125/day for first year summer instructors, $131.50/day for second year summer instructors, $137/day for third year instructors.
- $500 reimbursement for WFR certification.
- Limited employee housing available at locally competitive rates.
- Pro Deals from brand name outdoor companies.
- Proximity to Jackson, Wyoming and Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks.