Job Compensation Type
JOB TITLE: Summer Educator (Day Camp Counselor)
REPORTS TO: Camp Director & Assistant Director
JOB DESCRIPTION: Summer educators lead experiential learning activities for campers ages 4-11 with a co-educator. Activities include hiking, farm chores, gardening, nature-based crafts, traditional camp games and songs, caring for farm animals, and more! Counselors work with a co-counselor at all times, and are supported by the Camp Director and Assistant Director. Candidates must be able to commit to a 1-week staff orientation, 6/17-6/21 from 9a-3p, as well as the 8-week camp period, 6/24-8/16, M-F, 8:25a-4:25p. Part-time counselor positions are also available (8:25a-12:40p or 12:10p-4:25p). This is a seasonal position.
STONEWALL FARM: SWF is a non-profit educational Farm in Keene, New Hampshire. Our mission is to teach and demonstrate regenerative farming to people of all ages to ensure food security, vibrant communities and a healthy planet. We host students year round, including summer camp, on our 120+ acres of farm, field, forest, and wetlands. Our summer camp provides farm based, experiential learning for children ages 4-11.
- Create a safe, positive and nurturing environment for all campers
- Implement an age-appropriate camp schedule with the assistance of the Camp Director/Assistant Director and a co-educator
- Lead a group of children in experiential activities around the farm with a co-educator
- Assist in daily set up and clean-up of camp activities
- Ensure all campers are signed in and out daily
- Be aware and responsible for campers’ allergies/medications/individual needs
- Work at least one before care (8-8:45a) or after care (4:25-5:15p) shift per week if needed *educators receive additional pay for each extended care shift
- Experience working with children, preferably in an outdoor or group setting
- An interest or background in agriculture, environmental science, education, or related field
- Ability to work outdoors in a farm environment in varying conditions
- Desire to teach children about our farm & mission in small groups of 15-18
- Ability to interact with families, the public, and other educators clearly and professionally
- Creative, flexible, enthusiastic, and self-motivated
- Certification/willingness to become certified in CPR and First Aid
- Must be able to walk up to 3 miles per day and lift 45 pounds
- Counselors must be at least 15 years old at time of hire
Interested applicants should return a Resume and brief Cover Letter to
Rebecca Lancaster, Camp Director at email@example.com
Please feel free to reach out with any questions regarding the position!
- Pay range $13-15/hr, based on education and experience. Part time and full time positions are available.
- Proactive behavior management training
- Certification/recertification in CPR and First Aid
- Childhood development and resilience training
- On the job leadership development/ teaching experience
- Learn about and participate in regenerative agriculture techniques and sustainability practices
- A fun work environment that allows you to be outdoors & be creative
- Possibility of job/ school recommendations upon completion
- A 20% discount on our farm store products