Job Compensation Type
Deadline to Apply
225 Pavillion Road
East Thetford, VT
ABOUT SUMMER CAMP AT CEDAR CIRCLE FARM
Cedar Circle Farm is hosting the ninth year of the unique farm-based summer program for children ages 6-11. Eight individual weeks of camp are scheduled from June 24 to August 16, Monday through Friday, with a mandatory staff training session from June 17 to 21. The camp day is from 9 am to 4 pm, and Educator time on the farm will typically be 8:00 to 4:00. We will have a capacity of 30 campers each week, and Educators will guide a group of about ten campers during camp activities and farm explorations. Mentor Educators will float between groups and activities to assist Educators throughout the day. The camp program may include Mentors in Training and adult volunteers any week.
- Facilitate programs designed to encourage campers’ connection to nature, food, and each other through exploration of Cedar Circle Farm.
- Directly supervise campers, including managing groups and resolving conflicts.
- Prioritize the physical and emotional safety of campers on a working farm
- Collaborate with other staff to create weekly schedules and curricula that are age-appropriate, diverse, and represent our educational goals
- Participate in daily debrief meetings to share ideas and improve our program
- Interact with parents and caregivers of campers
- Mentor and delegate tasks to Mentor Educators and Mentors in Training
- Aid in preparation and clean up of all aspects of camp programming
- Other related assignments as necessary
Read the full job description and apply on our website: https://cedarcirclefarm.org/about/job/2024-summer-camp-educator
Hourly rate starts at $16 per hour, with an increase for returning staff. Benefits include a 403(b) retirement plan, paid sick leave, access to farm produce and a 20% discount at the CCFEC farmstand and cafe.