Job Compensation Type
Deadline to Apply
The Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park is a non-profit organization created to engage public support for Cuyahoga Valley National Park and provide services to enhance public use and enjoyment of the park. For more information on the Conservancy, go to www.conservancyforcvnp.org.
Essential duties include:
- Prepare food for school groups, weekend conferences, and Summer camps.
- Observe all food quality, safety and sanitation procedures.
- Adhere to prescribed food-handling procedures.
- Read and execute recipes as assigned.
- Carry out dishwashing procedure using automatic dish machine and/or manual 3- compartment sink technique depending on need.
- Organize and set up dish wares/ bus station for in-house meals.
- Breakdown and clean up after in-house meals.
- Additional duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must be of legal working age. Experience working in a high-volume or quantitative food service operation preferred. Excellent knife skills and knowledge of scratch cooking soups, sauces, dressings, and a la carte items preferred. Excellent guest service-minded attitude and a desire to work with children a must. The candidate must possess the ability to read, analyze, write, and interpret recipes, dietary restrictions, and all related correspondence. The individual must be able to work in a team environment, as well as independently, and will keep a flexible schedule not to exceed 30 hours per week, including evenings until 7:00 pm and some weekends.
- Must have the ability to communicate verbally and in writing in the English language.
- The individual must be able to perform the essential functions of the job satisfactorily as outlined. Where necessary for a qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job, reasonable accommodations will be provided.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to walk between campuses. The noise level in the kitchen is moderate to high.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is often exposed to industrial strength cleaning chemicals, hot equipment, cold equipment, institutional size equipment and sharp objects.
- Must be able to stand an average of 8 hours per day.
- The employee may be required to lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Employee must have a valid driver's license and meet our driving record policy due to use of a government automobile.
- All employees of the Conservancy are required to pass a background/fingerprint check prior to start of employment.
Full time non-exempt hourly position, pay commensurate with experience in the $18-$20 an hour range. Excellent benefits package including medical and dental coverage, a fully vested 403(b) retirement plan, and generous leave time.