Job Compensation Type
Jackson , WY
Position Description: The field education instructor is part of a collaborative team engaging and teaching participants in outdoor, place-based education in Jackson Hole, Wyoming and the greater Yellowstone ecosystem. Participants are most typically in grades 5-8, but do range from younger elementary age to older adult learners. Instructors lead groups of 7-13 participants often with a co-educator and facilitate exploration of the local ecosystem through field research projects, BEETLES style inquiry-based learning and stewardship projects. Instructors also support and promote social emotional growth through teamwork, communication and leadership activities including utilization of our Challenge Course high and low elements. During the winter season (Jan-April) instructors will facilitate lessons on cross country skis and snowshoes. During the summer, instructors will lead participants on day hikes, short canoe experiences, and facilitate camping overnight trips, primarily front country, with occasional backcountry trips. Programs are typically 3-7 days and include evening work as well as non-traditional days off. Programs are based out of one of our three campuses (Jackson Campus, Kelly Campus, & Historic Murie Ranch) and our classrooms are the trails, forests, and streams of Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks and the Bridger-Teton National Forest.
- Daily rate of $137.5/day for 1st year Instructors, $144 for 2nd year instructors, and $150 for 3rd+ year instructors.
- Additional pay for evening work or other auxiliary duties.
- Evening Program - - $40
- Elk Evening Program (used for Evening Programs that include dinner) - - $50
- Overnight lodge shift - - $80
- Overnight camping shift - - $100
- $500 WFR certification contribution; if WFR obtained within 4 months of start date.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Pro Deals from brand name outdoor companies.
- Limited employee housing available for rent. Pet-free.
- Meals available on campus while working programs.
This job description is not meant to state or imply that these are the only duties performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their manager in compliance with federal and state laws.
Application Deadline: Applications reviewed and instructor positions filled on a rolling basis, preference given to those received before Oct. 1, 2023.
Application Requirements: Please submit the online application, and upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references. Position questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Teton Science Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, creed or sexual orientation in any of its policies or programs.