Job Compensation Type
Our programs are located in Boston, Milton, Malden, Sherborn, and Sudbury (we will let you know which positions are currently open at your preferred location)
- To assist with teaching children ages 2.9 through 5 years under the supervision of an experienced Lead Teacher(s) and Site Coordinator.
Schedule & Hours
- Teaching hours are 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, September 2024 to June 2025; Summer fellowships are available for June 2024 - August 2024
- Fellows are also expected to spend 5 hours/week on documentation, parent communication, supplies management, meetings, and professional development. Our school year calendar is similar to Boston public schools.
- Boston, Milton, Malden, Sherborn, and Sudbury (we will let you know which positions are currently open at your preferred location)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Nurture the spirit and curiosity of each child while promoting respect and building community.
- Use a nature-based and play-based approach with children.
- Meet with your supervising Lead Teacher on a regular basis and your Site Coordinator as needed
- Be responsible for the health and safety of each child. This includes helping children stay warm and dry in rainy and cold weather, managing risk in an outdoor setting, and addressing conflict.
- Develop emergent curriculum based on the children’s interests and nature through the seasons
- Use daily written documentation on ProCare as a tool for parent communication and reflection
- Gracefully and professionally communicate with teachers, parents, and site partners
- Assist the Lead Teachers to provide additional supports for children with disabilities
- Complete all tasks required for state licensure in a timely manner
- Attend occasional evening/weekend trainings and professional development events
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong interest in nature-based early childhood education
- Curiosity about the natural world and ability to convey a sense of awe and wonder to the children
- Excited to teach outdoors in all kinds of weather. Traverse various kinds of terrain each day while carrying supplies
- Eager to develop strong classroom management skills
- Comfortable living in our busy “community house” together with three other Fellows
- Able to commit to the Fellowship for the duration of our 9-month school year, from September through June or the duration of the entire summer June - August
These essential functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required. This is a newly-created position and is subject to change based on enrollment numbers, staffing needs, and other factors.
- Hiring is rolling. Please apply at your earliest convenience.
- Successful reference and background checks are required.
- Candidates who add to our diverse community are encouraged to apply.
- Boston Outdoor Preschool Network is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
Fellows receive a monthly stipend of $660 and complimentary housing at our Community House near the Arnold Arboretum.