Boston , MA
Our programs are located in Boston, MetroWest, Malden, and Milton. This is the right opportunity for an experienced environmental educator with a strong understanding of early childhood development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Educate teachers about the unique opportunities for environmental education at each of our program locations throughout the greater Boston area. Work with teachers to incorporate environmental education into daily routines.
- Prepare and deliver environmental education lessons based on the interests of the children and the varied landscapes at our program locations. Document the children’s growth.
- Gracefully and professionally communicate with parents, caregivers, and the general public
- Substitute for class teachers in the event of teacher absences and strive to connect the children to nature and one another while providing continuity of care.
- Other duties as assigned
- At least two years of experience as an environmental educator working with children ages 1 – 5
- Deep knowledge of environmental education theory and practice
- Excellent communicator and writer
- Ability to stimulate the inherent curiosity children have about their surroundings, and expand on it with emergent and nature-based curriculum
- Strong classroom management skills and ability to maintain a safe learning environment
- Embrace a wide variety of weather conditions as unique and interesting, part of the ebb and flow of the natural rhythm and seasonal changes
- Engaging and easily able to communicate with children, families, and peers
- Eager to work in a nonprofit start-up culture. Tolerant of uncertainty and change and understand that organizations continue to improve when the people who work there are adaptable, take chances, and learn from their mistakes.
These essential functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required. This is a newly-created position and is subject to change based on enrollment numbers, staffing needs, and other factors.
- Hiring is rolling. Please apply at your earliest convenience.
- Successful reference and background checks are required.
- Candidates who add to our diverse community are encouraged to apply.
- Boston Outdoor Preschool Network is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
Compensation: starting at $25/hour.