Job Compensation Type
Deadline to Apply
THE WATER CHALLENGE MANAGER AT EARTHECHO INTERNATIONAL plays a vital role in EarthEcho’s mission by creating impactful program experiences for youth and corporate partners. We are an international nonprofit that envisions a world where every individual, from all backgrounds and experiences, has the opportunity and tools to create a healthy and thriving environment. Our mission is to build a global youth movement to protect and restore our ocean planet, a critical part of creating a sustainable and equitable future for all.
The Water Challenge builds public awareness and involvement in protecting water resources around the world by engaging communities to conduct basic monitoring of their local waterbodies and implement youth-led strategies toward the protection and improvement of those water resources.
This position includes the following:
● leading the ongoing development, coordination, and implementation of the Water Challenge program globally to build public awareness and involvement in protecting water resources;
● building a growing network of youth Water Challenge Ambassadors mobilized for the protection, restoration, education, and advocacy of water resources in their communities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPENSATION
This position benefits from a background in Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Sustainability, CSR, or related field.
Successful candidates should demonstrate expertise in innovating on program development, expansion, and facilitation; working with youth; public speaking for a variety of audiences including international audiences; and project management. Salary range is $55,000 - $62,000, commensurate with experience and EarthEcho offers a competitive benefits package.
● Minimum 4 years’ experience managing environmental programs with a focus on external partner communications. Please note that this is an administrative management position, not a field education position.
● Strong technology skills—must be able to adroitly communicate with technology providers to troubleshoot issues and improve existing offerings.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills. This job requires quite a bit of writing – everything from social media posts to white papers.
● High energy, positive attitude, flexibility, and high degree of initiative.
● Demonstrated success working remotely; comfort working both independently and within a team structure.
● Ability to travel regularly (20%) and internationally (passport required).
● Verbal and written Spanish proficiency required.
● Must be authorized to work in the United States—EarthEcho International is not able to sponsor applicants for any kind of work visas.
More detailed description of qualifications and duties can be found at www.earthecho.org/about/careers