Job Compensation Type
Deadline to Apply
The Camp Manager/Farm Based Educator is responsible for creating, managing, and leading positive, experiential, and fun outdoor education experiences for the Gorman Heritage Farm Foundation (GHFF) Summer Day Camp program. As a Farm-based educator, you will teach/lead groups as needed for education programs (non-summer camp season) including but not limited to school field trips, off-site programs, public programs and scouts programming, including some weekend responsibilities
Join a team that is passionately dedicated to providing engaging programs, growing nutritious, sustainable food, and stewarding our beautiful, historic 122 acre agricultural site that has been a working farm for over 150 years!
Pay Range: $35,000 – $40,000 annually, commensurate with experience
- Accrual of 80 hours paid vacation per year, 40 hours sick time, 16 hours personal time
- Twelve paid holidays annually, plus the week between Christmas and New Years with minimal work requirements (check email and phone messages remotely)
- 60% of Medical Insurance premium paid by organization for staff (60% for spouse/family if not eligible elsewhere)
- Paid parental leave (after one year of employment)
- Life Insurance and Short/Long-Term Disability Insurance provided
- Opportunity to participate in Simple IRA savings plan matched up to 3%
- The Camp Manager/Farm based Educator will be provided the opportunity to earn their Certified Interpretive Guide certificate through the National Association of Interpretation at no cost.
- Professional development opportunities throughout the year, including the American Camp Assoc.
- One free Farm rental per year and discounts on our farm products and programs