Job Compensation Type
Deadline to Apply
1600 Spring Valley Rd
The Bilingual Outreach Instructor is responsible for developing and teaching early childhood programs and for developing, coordinating, and implementing programming in conjunction with the rest of the Education Department team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, coordinate, implement, and deliver bilingual curriculum for Little School, Ossining Children’s Center, and other early childhood programs as warranted. Coordinate program deliverables with education staff.
- Build relationships and maintain communication with early childhood centers, school administrators and other relevant community organizations.
- Facilitate hands-on engaging, culturally relevant natural science and environmental education programs, classes, and activities for diverse populations.
- Assist with developing, implementing, and evaluating education programs.
- Assist with maintenance and upkeep of collection, equipment, tools, etc.
- Responsible for various other duties as assigned.
- BA or BS in early childhood education, environmental education, or related degree. One year of teaching experience, preferably in early childhood education, or related field.
- Working knowledge of the natural sciences and willingness to work on expanding this knowledge.
- Spanish language skills required.
- Ability to work with people of all backgrounds.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, self-starter.
- Send cover letter, resume, and two professional references to Emily Edmonds-Langham, Education Director at email@example.com. No calls please.
This position is available immediately, with an anticipated start date of mid-March 2023. Position remains open until filled. Teatown Lake Reservation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees.
This is a part-time position of approximately 12 hours of work per week. This position will be performed primarily in person, with occasional remote work if conditions warrant. Much of the work will take place off-site at the facilities of partner organizations.